Just 54 people turned up on the first day of an England-Pakistan Test a few weeks ago.
Cricket Australia wants to establish the tradition of hosting a day-night Test every year, including during the Ashes series against England in 2017-18, chief executive James Sutherland said on Tuesday.
Suspended all-rounder Ben Stokes has left England on a trip to visit family in New Zealand and will not be joining the Ashes squad, the England and Wales Cricket Board said.
Multan hosts the second match from December 9 and the last Test begins in Karachi on December 17.
ECB confirms playing conditions for The Hundred
England's Kevin Pietersen is set to play for South African franchise the Kwa-Zulu Natal (KZN) Dolphins in October in a bid to find his form before the Ashes tour later this year.
Mitch Claydon has been suspended by his county side Sussex for allegedly applying hand sanitiser on the ball.
British Prime Minister Boris Johnson has asked his Australian counterpart Scott Morrison to help ease strict quarantine rules to allow the families of England's cricketers to tour with the players during the upcoming Ashes series.
The 45-year-old, who played 52 Tests between 1991 and 2002, replaced his former international team mate Graham Gooch who stepped down from the role in May.
England have not picked uncapped all-rounder Jofra Archer in a preliminary 15-man World Cup squad but have named him in squads for the warm-up games against Pakistan and Ireland.
'But I wouldn't, hand on heart suggest we'll have full crowds from the start. We'll just have to see how that goes'
Roy was struck on the neck during training on Tuesday and although the 29-year-old passed required concussion protocols on Wednesday, the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) has decided to have an extra option at the top of the order.
A new documentary titled 'Death of a Gentleman' raises fresh doubts about the future of Test cricket and asks if the game is losing its identity in the face of stiff competition from commerce-driven Twenty20.
The 38-strong contingent of Australian players, coaches, umpires and media pundits will have to wait longer, though, to get home, in the face of a ban on arrivals from India until at least May 15.
India's T20 captain Harmanpreet Kaur is set to represent the Surrey Stars in Kia Super League, the T20 tournament hosted by the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) after a successful stint with Sydney Thunders in Women's Big Bash League, last year.
An extended 21-man Australian squad is in England for the three Twenty20 matches, which start on Sept. 4 in Southampton, before three one-day internationals in Manchester from Sept. 11.
The fourth Test is due to start next Tuesday with Australia having already retained the Ashes, leading the series 3-0 with two matches to play.
England fast bowler Steven Finn has been ruled out of the Ashes series against Australia after scans showed he has torn his left knee cartilage, the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) said on Tuesday.
A CA director for 13 years, Eddings replaced David Peever in 2018 as interim chairman after the former mining executive resigned following the release of a scathing cultural review into the Newlands ball-tampering scandal.
'The World Cup squad will fly to the Caribbean on May 31 ahead of England's opening group match against Scotland at the Kensington Oval, Barbados, on Wednesday, June 4.'
Former test bowler Jason Gillespie has returned home to coach the Adelaide Strikers in Australia's domestic Twenty20 league, dashing speculation the Yorkshire mentor might succeed England coach Peter Moores.
England pulled out of their Pakistan tour last year soon after New Zealand had abandoned their tour of the South Asian country over security concerns.
Former Pakistan skipper Rashid Latif believes the four-nation tournament proposal revealed by BCCI president Sourav Ganguly will f'lop' like the Big Three model. The former Pakistan wicketkeeper saw it as an attempt by the formidable trio of India, Australia and England to isolate other member nations.
The England and Wales Cricket Board are "cautiously" backing a proposal that would mandate four-day World Test Championship matches from 2023. The International Cricket Council (ICC) cricket committee is set to discuss the issue next year as the global governing body and member boards look for ways of freeing up a crowded international calendar and reducing player workload.
The 22-year-old completed only half his quota of overs in Sunday's second one-day international against Pakistan in Sharjah before he was forced off the field having dislocated his bowling shoulder when trying to save a boundary.
All three T20 matches against Pakistan are at Old Trafford with the others being on Sunday and Tuesday.
Cricket authorities said late last month they were still planning for the World Cup in October, although Cricket Australia has conceded the entire international schedule is up in the air due to the virus.
'I had a break to prioritise my mental wellbeing and I got my finger sorted.'
Uncertainty arose following reports that the Afghanistan Premier League would be played in UAE in October, coinciding with Pakistan's home series against Australia and New Zealand.
In case, Brisbane can't host the Test or Indians refuse to travel, Sydney will be the back up venue.
Australia pace legend Glenn McGrath termed himself a traditionalist and said he is dead against the idea of shortening the five-day game to a four-day affair as proposed by the ICC. The International Cricket Council is considering introduction of four-day Tests as part of the World Test Championships from 2023, an idea which is supported by Cricket Australia CEO Kevin Roberts.
The BCCI is believed to be taking a cue from Cricket Australia which had allowed entry of spectators during the India series that concluded on Tuesday.
After a successful but controversial career, off-spinner Ajmal finished with 178 wickets in 35 Tests, the last of which was at Galle in Sri Lanka in 2014, where his bowling action was reported for a second time.
Another issue that might just come up for discussion is proposing BCCI president N Srinivasan's name as the first chairman of the ICC.
Virat Kohli joined the national team's training session on Monday at the picturesque Arundel Castle Cricket Club.
No decision yet on the fate of the Sydney Test, which starts December 26, but for us the tour is still on, says the Board of Control for Cricket in India secretary, Sanjay Patel.
Soccer's top flight Premier League and the English Football League (EFL) had already announced they were postponing their next round of fixtures.
McCullum, who is currently in charge of Indian Premier League side Kolkata Knight Riders, was keen on taking the job
The opening day was washed out by rain on Thursday and there will be no extra day tagged on, meaning that the series decider is effectively now a three-day Test.
The Black Caps were also scheduled to travel to Australia for an ODI series but the fixture was on Friday postponed to next summer (2021-22) due to the pandemic.